HTML in Plasma's tooltips

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Jun 12 04:21:42 UTC 2015

Heya,

I've noticed some developers complaining that Plasma's tooltips do not accept
HTML anymore. This is a regression for developers who relied on this
behaviour. I've also noticed that not even the code we ship is free of HTML
tooltips. Other desktops do support HTML, so we've created an incompatibility
here.

It was an experiment worth trying, but I think it failed, and not all the code
that it regresses is within our control. We have, in fact, changed one of our
external interfaces.

Can we change it back to allow HTML in our standard tooltips, preferably in
our next point release?

sebas

Sebastian Kügler    |    http://vizZzion.org    |     http://kde.org