Alternative to LaunchApp extension in QML2 palsmoids

Adrián Chaves Fernández adriyetichaves at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 09:52:09 UTC 2015

I want to execute an application with some parameters from a plasmoid.

I found out that in the pre-KF5 version of Plasma, there was a plasmoid
extension called LaunchApp that you could enable on the metadata.desktop
file, and provided funtions on the "plasmoid" global JavaScript variable
such as "runCommand", which is precisely what I want.

However, this extension does not seem to work on the QML2 API, and it is
certainly not listed on the Techbase pages for QML2.

How do you run a command from a QML2 plasmoid?