baloo monitor visibility

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 08:26:04 UTC 2015

<snip>

> Also just my two cents: IMO it would make contextually more sense to
> have the utility NoDisplay=true (have it not show up in the actual
> menu) but a button to launch it in the File Search KCM. At least I
> would not look for this in the application menu ;)

Why would you want to hide a application? The only reason i can think of is
when it's a very specific "other desktop" application that has no use in
the plasma desktop. And that's why there is the OnlyShowIn property [1].
Btw, that spec linked at [1] misses "Plasma" [2], which how we call the
"KDE Desktop" these days.

If the application is a standalone application (which this seems to be)
then i would not hide it from the application menu.

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/ar01s03.html
[2] http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apb.html