on review process again.. phabricator?

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Jul 8 14:18:28 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I find phabricator quite interesting. It is easy to use, the only big
issue I have with it is the insane naming of the tools.

(I guess Eike can weigh in more than this, I'm at a conference now, so
need to be quick with my mail processing :) )

Cheerio,
Ivan

On 8 July 2015 at 15:48, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> writing about this now since it's nearing Akademy, it may be a good time and
> place to discuss.
>
> last year at akademy we tried to put plasma-framework on gerrit, in order to
> have a more formal, always review first policy in plasma-framework.
> i think was partly a success, I see moresmall changes going on review all
> around, still not perfect, but good! :)
>
> what was less of a success? Gerrit itself!
> What happened is that we have slowly got back to review board for plasma-
> framework as well, there never was a formal decision but just happened, gerrit
> UI is just too bad, even the core team struggles with it, and is an absolute
> put off for newcomers.
>
> Now, it probably makes sense to abandon gerrit once and for all, but I'm still
> not happy with reviewboard, I would still love an all in one tool for reviews,
> tasks etc.
> Some projects are trying out phabricator (looking at kactivities) how do they
> find it?
> can it go more large scale? (more a sysadmin question) If it doesn't have big
> obvious problems I would like to try it on plasma-framework at least. To
> eventually have plasma-workspace et al too, but not yet (at least I would
> never want gerrit on those projects..)
>
> --
> Marco Martin

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard