on review process again.. phabricator?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:48:40 UTC 2015

Hi all,
writing about this now since it's nearing Akademy, it may be a good time and
place to discuss.

last year at akademy we tried to put plasma-framework on gerrit, in order to
have a more formal, always review first policy in plasma-framework.
i think was partly a success, I see moresmall changes going on review all
around, still not perfect, but good! :)

what was less of a success? Gerrit itself!
What happened is that we have slowly got back to review board for plasma-
framework as well, there never was a formal decision but just happened, gerrit
UI is just too bad, even the core team struggles with it, and is an absolute
put off for newcomers.

Now, it probably makes sense to abandon gerrit once and for all, but I'm still
not happy with reviewboard, I would still love an all in one tool for reviews,
tasks etc.
Some projects are trying out phabricator (looking at kactivities) how do they
find it?
can it go more large scale? (more a sysadmin question) If it doesn't have big
obvious problems I would like to try it on plasma-framework at least. To
eventually have plasma-workspace et al too, but not yet (at least I would
never want gerrit on those projects..)

--
Marco Martin