An appeal for continuing with KDE Activities

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Thu Jan 29 12:47:26 UTC 2015

Hi Eric,

Yes, the development had slowed down unfortunately, but expect it do
liven up a bit.

I'm not sure whether most immediate work will be visible to the user
(apart from the things that I need to merge in this cycle that were
originally developed for 5.1) but new things are comming. That will
IMO benefit even people who do not use activities.

Cheers,
Ivan

On 29 January 2015 at 11:41, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2015 20:52:45 Eric Mesa wrote:
>> Hello Plasma Devs,
>>
>> Not sure if this is the right mailing list, but I've been seeing a lot on
>> Planet KDE from people unsure of whether Activities are used and should be
>> kept, etc. So I wrote this specifically in hopes of making sure the devs see
>> how it's being used by regular folks.
>>
>> http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com/2015/01/27/an-appeal-for-keeping-kde-activit
>> ies/
>>
>> Thank you for developing an awesome desktop environment - I enjoy it so much
>> that it makes me sad we don't use it at work. (Well, we'd first have to
>> start using Linux...)
>
> is true that sadly there wasn't a whole load of new development there. but in
> Plasma 5 a re there and here to stay
>
> --
> Marco Martin

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard