Finding all the Plasma Bugs

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 09:21:13 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:47 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday 23 January 2015 02:41:23 David Edmundson wrote:
> > >
> > > Thank you for taking care of bugs. Could you please comment on
> > > "kscreensaver/locker-qml" component? Is this the correct place to
> > > report bugs for the Plasma 5 locker?
> >
> > That is a very good question. It looks like I missed that on my original
> > list. There's some valid looking Plasma 5 bug reports in here that I was
> > missing.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > We currently have these bugs scattered amongst:
> >  - ksmserver
> >  - plasmashell/lookandfeel
> >  - kscreensaver/locker-qml
> >
> > would be good to consolidate it and close the rest.
> >
> > Any preference?
>
> I would say the kscreensaver product gets closed, the still valid bugs are
> moved to a new component in ksmserver.

Fine with me.
I've created a component, we can at least move the Plasma 5 bugs there and
add a comment in kscreensaver.

(Once 4.11 goes EOL the no longer
> applying bugs can be closed).

I don't see why we should have to wait. If no-one is going to fix it, there
is no point keeping a bug open.

I see this EOL thing as a time for which we should keep on top of all
security issues and anything critical but nothing more.

I guess that's a topic for an exciting flamewar another day.

David