Finding all the Plasma Bugs

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 21:34:18 UTC 2015

I was trying to triage some of the wider Plasma bugs and realised that I
didn't have a full list of bugzilla components for everything we're
actually releasing. Some are quite obscure, like kfontviewer.

I spent some time making a comprehensive list

plasmashell
Breeze
Powerdevil
systemsettings
kde-gtk-config
kde-cli-tools
kded-appmenu
kstart
kio-extras
kwin
kscreen
ksplash
ksmserver
ksshaskpass
plasma-nm
oxygen
muon
Plasma Workspace Wallpapers
policykit-kde
khelpcenter
khotkeys
kinfocenter
kmenuedit
ksysguard
kwrited
krunner
drkonqui
klipper
knetattach
kdeplasma-addons
solid
kwayland
kfontview
*

A lot of these have inactive maintainers, even critical bugs could be
accidentally being ignored here.

We need to make sure together we actually go through the entirety of this
list not just plasmashell. We also need to make sure they all have 5.x
version numbers. Some do not which makes searching even harder, especially
against the massive noise of KDE 4 issues.

Attached is a spreadsheet which has a mapping <----> repositories and
folders, plus some other rambling.

David

*I've deliberately not counted kfilemetadata and baloo, they have an active
maintainer and they'll soon be frameworks' problem not mine.