Widget Explorer / Activity Manager Dock type

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Fri Jan 2 00:56:47 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

while investigating why Widget Explorer and Activity Manager wouldn't accept
any input often (the filterbox visually being focussed with blinking cursor
but no way to enter anything) I found that it's using the NET::Dock window
type.

That one is used by the panels, too, right? And these don't accept focus, so
when plasmashell is not focussed (eg. pressing Meta+Q or opening widget
explorer through the panel context menu) there is no way to get keyboard
events to the respective sidebars.

Any ideas? I guess they should stay "Dock"? (Works fine when I remove that
afaics)

Cheers,
Kai Uwe