Alternative desktop applet interaction

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Feb 14 12:49:46 UTC 2015

>I have experimented with the same in the (default) desktop containment,
>and I
>think it's quite easy to try with a small adjustment in the code (would
>need
>to look it up, I haven't touched that code in a while).

I saw the vestiges of that (FV is forked off the Desktop code, which really needs a cleanup in both at some point, lots of coding style issues and dead code), but it didn't address aborting mouse input inside the applet after the initial press (and couldn't have fully without the MEL fixes), which takes some C++ support.

>Cheers,

Cheers,
Eike