Noto fonts screw my system, please stop forcing fonts upon me!

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 01:47:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Mark Gaiser <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Frameworkintegration is hereby forked [1].
>
> I will keep this one in sync with frameworkintegration as it is on the kde
> servers, but obviously without those fonts.
> Once Noto starts to work normally the fork can die.
>
> I do this because i do not want one more desktop breakage that is caused
> by fonts installed by that package, and this seems to be the easiest way to
> accomplish that.
>
> Don't get me wrong, i don't like to fork anything and have never done so
> before.
> But i have a real issue that i want to get solved. Solving it "upstream"
> doesn't seem likely, so forking it is the only way.
> The other way was how i did it before, remove the fonts when i notice that
> they had been installed again, but that can slip through and cause days of
> irritation.
> Now i just make my own archlinux packages and blacklist the default
> frameworkintegration, that should do the job for me.
>
> [1] https://github.com/markg85/frameworkintegration

Man...I'm honestly just stunned at how childish this is.

If you perhaps for a second try to acknowledge that you might
have a local system issue instead of covering your ears and
kicking&screaming, we're happy to help you figure it out. In the
meantime, good luck with your demonstrative endeavor I guess.

PS: I was able to change my system font in under 8 seconds
using system settings. Seriously, what's the deal even...

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer