Minutes Monday Plasma Hangout

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Dec 14 11:49:35 UTC 2015

Present: Riddell, kbroulik, notmart, mgraesslin, Mathieu, sebas,
Date: December 14th, 2015

PSA:
* The Plasma 5.6 Kickoff meeting is tomorrow Tuesday 15:00UTC/16:00CET
* Next Plasma hangout is on 4th of January, not hangout in the next two weeks,
too many people won't be available, and we all should slow down once in a
while. Happy holichristmas!

Riddell:
- rebuilding Kubuntu CI packages
- tomorrow is Plasma 5.5.1 tagging (new schedule!)
- if you have notes for the release announcement or packagers, let me know

kbroulik:
- Jump List support for icon widget: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/126278/
The plasma actions are a bit cumbersome to use and not really declarative
and not accessible from C++ plugin either
- Tried to fix keyboard focus and navigation in various places (eg. open
klipper and it should get focus again), pending: https://
git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/126292/
- https://notes.kde.org/p/PlasmaMobileControls TODO/Ideas for plasma mobile
controls
- I started implementing a "Notes/TODO" app similar to the one on BlackBerry
10 to see what is missing for controls to create a "proper" app

notmart:
- Implemented new way for containments to set compact/expanded representation
(useful for new systray)
- unsure what to do with the kpart changes, seems amarok isn't interested
anymore
- worked on Kai's feedback for mobile components
- various fixes
- will do a listview with pull-to-refresh

mgraesslin:
- proposed to split out QPT plugin, discussion ongoing
- QPT could move into integration repository, be renamed even
- https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/126324/ is problematic, since it turns GUI
into Widget dependency
- protocol for server-side decorations, on RB https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/
r/126301/
- kwayland won't be a framework anytime soon due to compiler restrictions
(much of the C++11 used in kwayland is not allowed for frameworks, thanks
VisualC++!)
- submitted idle protocol to wayland mailing list
- https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/143658/
- added noptrace to kdesu
- started investigating kinit freeze (desktop freezes while logging in)
- https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/126314/
- https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/126313/

sebas
- cleaned up kscreen wayland backend, needs a bit more work before review,
hopefully done still this year

--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org