Review Request 124962: Fix CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR not respecting installation prefix

Maximiliano Curia maxy at gnuservers.com.ar
Thu Dec 10 19:54:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 28/08/15 04:39, Pinak Ahuja wrote:
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/124962/
> By Pinak Ahuja.
>
> /Updated Aug. 28, 2015, 7:39 a.m./
>
> *Repository: * kwallet-pam
>
> pam_kwallet5.so was being installed to /lib(64) irrespective of what the
> installation prefix was set to. This patch fixes it.
>
> pam_kwallet5.so seems to install under the directory set as CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
>

>   * CMakeLists.txt (f60ac41)
>
> View Diff <https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/124962/diff/>

Sorry that I haven't seen this review before plasma 5.5 was released
(containing this change), but pam modules are traditionally installed in /lib,
that is, with an empty prefix. In the same CMakeLists.txt you can read the
intention to honor this:
set_target_properties (${library_name} PROPERTIES PREFIX "")

Sadly, this alone is not sufficient, thus the / in the install rule.

This change forces me to introduce the attached patch in the Debian package,
as pam modules should be available even if /usr is not mounted.

Happy hacking,