Activity switching on window activation

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Dec 1 08:57:08 UTC 2015

David:
> I know I'm getting a tiny bit off topic, but I just had a go at doing
> the proposed kate change.
>
> https://paste.kde.org/p4dymbtjr
>
> It's actually surprisingly hard, this is too hacky to ever merge.

:) Yes, we'd need a better way to do that. Somebody mentioned that
kate does this for VDs, but from what I've seen, it does not.

Martin:
> Given that: if we want to change it the motivation should be
> correct. The motivation provided here is broken due to X.

I don't think it is the only motivation. Surprising the user is never
a good thing.

Now, there is a bit of a difference in the 'kwin crashes and stuff is
exposed' and 'activity is changed automatically and stuff is exposed'
- kwin crashing is not the default behaviour. :)

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
KDE, ivan.cukic at kde.org, http://cukic.co/