Activity switching on window activation

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Dec 1 07:41:56 UTC 2015

On Monday, November 30, 2015 9:20:45 PM CET Ivan Čukić wrote:
> BUT, a user made a nice point about why the current behaviour is wrong
> - it is a bit of a privacy problem - the system can unexpectedly
> switch to a different activity and reveal something that the user
> didn't want to.

I'm having my X hat on now: sorry activities are not the solution to that
problem. The window could become visible at any moment due to any reason such
as KWin crash, present windows, another window opening forcing a switch of
activity and what not.

If a user has private data which should not be exposed, the answer to that is
multiple, individual sessions and not "fake subsessions".

Given that: if we want to change it the motivation should be correct. The
motivation provided here is broken due to X.

Cheers
Martin