Oxygen icons

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 00:16:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

As I wrote in my previous thread I'm one of the Breeze Icon Designer. And
I'd like to do some changes for the next release cycle according to my blog
post (
https://kdeonlinux.wordpress.com/2015/08/07/breeze-icons-in-plasma-5-4-and-future-work/).
I will integrate the app specific icons into Breeze and Breeze dark.

Since now most app specific icons are oxygen style. Plasma 5 support "only"
Breeze and Breeze-Dark icons so the app dev's have to change there app
icons into breeze and in the future you will have an icon mix in oxygen
like you have it now in Breeze.

I talk to Hugo and Nuno if I can maintain the oxygen icon set and get an go
for it. So in the next time I will integrate the oxygen app icons into the
main icon set as I will do for breeze and breeze-dark to in an ideal world
I will support all three icon sets. I don't want to make NEW oxygen icons,
so my work will be only maintenance.

Why I wrote to the plasma mailing list:
   1. oxygen want be released any more (
http://osdir.com/ml/kde-artists/2015-04/msg00000.html)
   2. oxygen icons are in svn (
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/) and I can push my
icons with git but svn, no
   3. It will be (a lot of) work, so I'd like to switch to git/phabricator
to have the same infrastructure for breeze and oxygen.
   4. I need your go for it
   5. I need someone how can guide/help me someone like a mentor

thanks
Andreas_K