PIM Sprint this Weekend

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Apr 7 22:15:29 UTC 2015

Am Dienstag, 7. April 2015, 16:37:45 schrieb Vishesh Handa:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Martin Steigerwald
> <martin at lichtvoll.de>
> wrote:
> > I wonder about the mail indexing and search. Its still not available
> > in
> > Plasma 5, isn´t it? (Still on 4.14.6/7 and Akonadi 1.13).
>
> I'm assuming you're talking about KRunner?
>
> We can search through the email index from Qt5. We do not need any
> Akonadi specific apis. I just haven't bothered writing the runner and
> doing it.

Wow, okay. I thought you removed mail indexing from Baloo as Akonadi
developers wanted to integrate it with Akonadi directly and I thought that
work wasn´t yet completed.

I mean mail search over Alt-F2, but also quick search bar in KMail which
works really nice in KDE SC 4.14 with Baloo as mail index.