PIM Sprint this Weekend

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:47:32 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Mark Gaiser <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From a technical point of view the events can all be fetched in the QML
> Calendar Components (which i made together with some pim folks).
> That part is there (read only events that is) and is just waiting till
> pimlibs are working in a Qt5 environment.
> It isn't ported to Qt5 yet, but is quite easy to do. I will if the
> requirements for that are met.
>
> I guess the requirement for calendar events to return in plasma are:
> - Akanodi compiling and running in Qt5/frameworks (done iirc)
> - Pimlibs (KCalCore specifically) including everything that's needed for
> the ETM to work to run under Qt5/frameworks
>
> That's "all" that's required to get it working again. I don't know where
> PIM stands right now in that last step. I haven't been following the PIM
> progress for a while.

Technically yes, but the akonadi-qt5 is already deprecated as akonadi2 is
being
worked on. Therefore investing anything into making things work with
akonadi-qt5
is just a waste of time as it's never going to be released. And no release
means
no features for users.

(Also KCalCore is a beast nobody has managed to port properly to frameworks
yet iirc)

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer