PIM Sprint this Weekend

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:35:45 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 April 2015 10:48:07 Vishesh Handa wrote:
> > Hey guys
> >
> > I'm travelling to Toulouse for the PIM Sprint this weekend. If there is
> > anything specific anyone would like to me to discuss w.r.t Plasma, please
> > let me know.
>
> please push in a direction that we get events in the calendar back. I don't
> care how shiny the new Akonadi is going to be, I want my feature back
> (boud's
> blog post is a nice reminder that libraries should think about their
> users).
>

>From a technical point of view the events can all be fetched in the QML
Calendar Components (which i made together with some pim folks).
That part is there (read only events that is) and is just waiting till
pimlibs are working in a Qt5 environment.
It isn't ported to Qt5 yet, but is quite easy to do. I will if the
requirements for that are met.

I guess the requirement for calendar events to return in plasma are:
- Akanodi compiling and running in Qt5/frameworks (done iirc)
- Pimlibs (KCalCore specifically) including everything that's needed for
the ETM to work to run under Qt5/frameworks

That's "all" that's required to get it working again. I don't know where
PIM stands right now in that last step. I haven't been following the PIM
progress for a while.