Non-coinstallable frameworks

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Sep 18 11:15:51 UTC 2014

Hi Ivan,
I've just learned that the KActivities framework is not co-installable with
kdelibs4.

We should fix that in a way or another, this makes the whole
plasma-framework (or anything else depending on KActivities) not
co-installable as well, which is quite bad as some applications still need
it in order to reach the components (such as Muon).

Is there any way we could fix this? To me it's looking quite bad, maybe it
would make sense to move the KActivities dependency from plasma-framework
to plasma-workspace? It's barely used in plasma-framework anyway.

Aleix