Minutes Monday Plasma Hangout

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Sep 17 12:22:58 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 17 September 2014 14:05:07 Pier Luigi Fiorini wrote:
> > Martin GräßlinOn Wednesday 17 September 2014 08:41:49  wrote:
> > > I'll split out my code from kwin using git-filter branch. I think that's
> >
> > the
> >
> > > only sane approach to have the complete history and in the end do a
> > > relicence commit.
> >
> > Just did the split and pushed the code to a new repository at [1]. Please
> > note
> > that the code is currently still lacking a working build system and all
> > other
> > needed metadata. I'll add these in the next steps. Once that is done I'll
> > request a new repo in kde-workspace. I hope that we can get around the
> > review
> > requirement as it's code already present in kde-workspace.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Martin
> >
> > [1]: kde:scratch/graesslin/kwayland
>
> Adding my code on top of that repo should be easy given that it's all in
> the kwayland subdirectory (protocols can be move there and git filtered
> before sending the patches).
>
> But I have a few things to say:
>
>  - Are you sure/which workspace components need to access those interfaces
> besides kwin?

I don't know yet. But I don't think it matters. I will make the CMakeLists to
create two libraries - one client and one server. So the server interfaces
won't matter except when explicitly requested.

>  - Even if Wayland bits are visible only in private I would like to avoid
> that by using qtwaylandscaner.

I do not want a dependency on QtWayland. We might consider this in the future
but at the moment QtWayland is unreleased software. I'm also not really
interested in adding another layer between our API and Wayland.

Cheers
Martin