plasmashell never emits setStage('desktop');

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 12:11:37 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Àlex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:

> > Signaling that the qml is ready and keeping track centrally that all
> > containments everywhere, and all their applets have indeed their qml
> ready
> > as well, has to pass trough quite long hoops, not much to be done around
> > that.
> Well for a newcomer it is, lots of huge methods, Containment being an
> Applet,
> Applet having special cases for Containments lots of friend classes etc.

If is possible to simplify the code a bit without altering the behavior I'm
all for it (another reason a better test coverage is needed, so behavior
changes that introduce bugs could be avoided)

the reason for having such special cases and friend applets (a lot simpler
already than plasma1 tough) is to avoid exposing public api that would end
up being intended to be used only internally: that besides being ugly,
would make things harder to debug as well, since you wouldn't be sure
anymore that the behavior is caused by something appening inside the
library.. or some by external caller, that shouldn't use that method not
supposed to be used.

> I am not saying that all the logic inside is not needed, what I am saying
> is
> that for a newcomer trying to fix a bug the code is too complex and we
> might
> want to refactor it bit a bit if possible and when desirable.
>
> Anyway, will try to hunt the bug down!

It should now be fixed after my last push and my last couple of review
requests:D (p-w and p-f)
(note the changes in p-f have an accompainying test, my wet dream is to
have one for most of bug fixes)

--
Marco Martin