plasmashell never emits setStage('desktop');

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sat Sep 13 10:17:55 UTC 2014

On Saturday 13 September 2014 10:07:09 Marco Martin wrote:

> > Also this code could  use some refactoring... It is really really really
> > complex.
>
> Not really, at least not more than it needs to be: is pretty simple: it
> keeps track of the applets that had the startupcompleted constraint called
> on them and on itself, emits the signal when everybody is.
> Signaling that the qml is ready and keeping track centrally that all
> containments everywhere, and all their applets have indeed their qml ready
> as well, has to pass trough quite long hoops, not much to be done around
> that.
Well for a newcomer it is, lots of huge methods, Containment being an Applet,
Applet having special cases for Containments lots of friend classes etc.

I am not saying that all the logic inside is not needed, what I am saying is
that for a newcomer trying to fix a bug the code is too complex and we might
want to refactor it bit a bit if possible and when desirable.

Anyway, will try to hunt the bug down!