Plasma Plugin Loading

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:34:09 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 02 September 2014, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 September 2014 15:58:04 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > Note that these tasks are not currently on my TODO stack. If someone
> > > else wants to work on it, that's totally cool, it's not a priority for
> > > me in this cycle.
> >
> > I'm sorry to hear that. Leaving that sort of work half-done is
> > unfortunate and frankly not what one would expect from a KF5 component.
> > It's certainly not as "fun" as hacking on klipper's UI
>
> that's a highly unfair comment to do. Reading such snarky comments make me
> really sad as they don't help anyone. It certainly won't help shift the
> TODO stack and it certainly won't motivate anyone on working on it. We can
> do better :-)

true.
however, for the record I have to say that I 100% agree with the technical
part and analisys (being unfortunate that right now different plugin loading
mechanisms are used in the same library for different things)
So, as current maintainer of libplasma I would like to get this situation
sorted asap.

--
Marco Martin