Plasma port to Wayland

Pier Luigi Fiorini pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:45:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

As some of you might know I've been working on the Plasma port to Wayland.

I would like to give you some pointers where the on going effort is.

Last month I've been super busy with other stuff, but I plan to resume my
work on Wayland during November.

You can see it in action on my compositor, Green Island:

http://imgur.com/8F4Emax
http://imgur.com/Q69CB2v

Here's the components I've been working on:

  - kwayland

git clone -b plasma kde:clones/kwayland/pierluigifiorini/plasma.git

The plasma branch contains patches to add Plasma protocols.

The wlscanner branch makes use of the new find module for wayland-scanner
that I recently made; it can be merged as soon as a new ECM version comes
out, see https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/120656/

All is currently rebased on top of master.

  - kwindowsystem

git clone -b wayland kde:clones/kwindowsystem/pierluigifiorini/wayland.git

  - plasma-framework

git clone -b wayland
kde:clones/plasma-framework/pierluigifiorini/wayland.git

  - plasma-workspace

git clone -b wayland
kde:clones/plasma-workspace/pierluigifiorini/wayland.git

Ported ksplashqml and plasmashell (panels and desktop view); I'll reread
the patch when I get back to this stuff.
Review is not started: blocked by the review of my changes to kwayland.
Currently rebased on top of v5.1.0

--
Out of the box experience
http://www.maui-project.org/