Plasma Addons

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon May 26 08:49:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 4:37 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM, David Edmundson
> <david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> we've started to get bug reports on plasma-addons. It appears they're
>> distributed as part of OpenSuse RPMs.
>>
>> Can I confirm our position on what we're doing here, based on our
>> conversation last sprint.
>>
>> 1) They will not be released with the plasma release next month
>> I think to do so would undermine the quality of anything we currently
>> have.
>>
>> Plasma Next + 1 should be ok for any plasmoid that someone steps up to
>> maintain (not just port).
>>
>> 2) They should have somewhere else in bugzilla than plasmashell
>>
>> I clean through plasma-shell every other evening, I know others do
>> too, if we include everything under the sun it'll be plasma1 all over
>> again. Stretched too thin.
>>
>> David
>

> Hi,
> Having a separate bugzilla component is obviously good as well as not having

Bugzilla component
plasma-addons

has been created.

It needs a component per plasmoid, but we can do that once we work out
who's maintaining what.

> them released makes total sense. I would add also that some will be deeply
> missed like pastebin plasmoid or icon tasks but that's just how things are.
> Sadly enough, QuickShare (former pastebin) is ported and quite usable at the
> moment.
>
> On the other hand I don't like the tone of the conversation, I read many
> people here talking about these as if kdeplasma-addons was something
> unneeded that some crazy people did some day.

Right, that was not the intention. I use the quickview and notes a
lot, and I look forward to having them.

There are a lot we want to have, but I was just disagreeing that we
need to port /all/ of them.

David