Notification bloat (4.xx)

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Sat May 24 01:40:17 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Christoph Feck <christoph at maxiom.de> wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2014 22:58:21 Mark Gaiser wrote:
>> On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:41 PM, Christoph Feck
> <christoph at maxiom.de> wrote:

>> > I have disabled "File transfers and jobs" in Notification
>> > Settings. The old style progress window only appears when
>> > operations are not completed immediately, and closes without any
>> > trace once they have finished (unless I request to keep it
>> > open). Plasma notifications for "progress" type notifications
>> > should also work this way.
>> >
>> > If you want more opinions, please also read the bugzilla entries
>> > for plasma/notifications. Users there generally agree that the
>> > current notifications are not without annoyances.
>> >
>> > Christoph Feck (kdepepo)
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, where did you find the option to disable
>> "File transfers and jobs"? I can't find it in system settings ->
>> "Application and System Notifications".. And i can't find another
>> place to change notification settings. I was expecting a right
>> mouse button on the notification bubble to give me a "Notification
>> Settings" but there is nothing like that.
>
> Right-click the Notifications icon in the system tray, there select
> "Notification Settings". Just in case, I am talking about Plasma 1 :)

That's what i thought as well, but when i right click it (and i really
right click the notification cricle!) then i get:
- System tray settings
- Panel options

So i can't change it from the tray! Why?

Another observation. When i add the notification just as plasmoid to
the desktop then i do have a "Notification Settings" when i right
click it.. Something very weird is going on in the tray!