Locale settings in Plasma Next

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri May 9 16:10:20 UTC 2014

On Friday, May 09, 2014 15:03:28 John Layt wrote:
> On 6 May 2014 22:35, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> > Where can I find that KCM? I've looked into the old kde-runtime repo, and
> > the new location in plasma-desktop, but no branches that look like the
> > code is in there.
>
> The new one is only in my private clone of kde-runtime at the moment,
> I could push it to a branch there or plasma-desktop if you like.

That would be nice, a branch in plasma-desktop is fine. I'd like to spruce it
up, so we can have it in the initial release.

> > You can find it in plasma-desktop[sebas/locale], it's quite
> > work-in-progressy.
> I'll have a play with it.
>
> > I've started on the Formats KCM, it's very rough (but conceptionally
> > working, writing out export LC_ALL and sourcing that from startkde has
> > the desired effect, now on to splitting the variables out and adding more
> > UI for them.

> Cool, except LC_ALL should never be set by the shell, it's a special
> override for libraries to use when they need to ignore the users
> locale.

Already changed that, it now exports the individual variables, and I'm quite
happy with the KCM now. I've posted a review request here:
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/118063/

I'll disable the old KCM shortly.

Thanks,
--