Plasma 5?

Jens Reuterberg jens at ohyran.se
Mon May 5 15:37:57 UTC 2014

Personally (and I've said this before) from my point of view a name is either

a) a technical definition
b) a form of promotion

As for technical reasoning behind either name - I have little or no opinion.
This is not my field to piss in as it where. BUT for the usage of promo work
the best option is to simply go with "Plasma by KDE" (which opens the
wonderful opportunity to do a spoof of the "by Calvin Klein" perfume ads (but
with devs on a beach))
Then if the proper answer to the question "So what version am I running?" is
"Plasma 2", "Plasma 5", "Plasma Current" or "Plasma 2014.06" is less relevant
as long as there is one.

With a 5 we can do some things too, the two as well... actually from a
communicative standpoint I think we can do something with all ...

Anyway I am all thumbs and a smile to whatever you guys decide as long as
using "Plasma" is ok.

(oh and lets remember that "confused user" isn't always bad. If its an
annoying thing, something that makes you angry - then yes its bad. If its
something that makes you ask in a public forum "Oh so thats like what Plasma
5? Or Next?" its good since it will make more of a splash - as long as the
answer is accessible we're fine)