Notifications in Next

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:39:43 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> For longer text: Martin, can we sensibly line-break notifications and just
> make
> the popup higher? Long lines are a problem for readability, but more lines
> not
> so much. (I'm asking this because the notification bubbles might have fixed
> height and width right now, and whether it's reasonable to change that.)

We do sensible line breaking now and we can make the popup higher, but at
the last sprint we said we want the popups to be of unified height. Say we
would make it higher, where do we stop? Display the whole content? That can
easily span across your whole screen (which is the case with colibri btw)
when eg. someone sends you really long message in KTp :)

Therefore, I left it truncated. Plus you should have a way to react on
notifications (which we have) so if it's truncated (like long KTp message),
you should just open the message and read it in the app, the notification
should just be that, a notification of a new message.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer