Last bits in kde-workspace

Martin Briza mbriza at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 11:37:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:31:04 +0100, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 17 March 2014, Aleix Pol wrote:
>> Hi plasma,
>> Do you know if kde-workspace/libs/kdm and kcheckpass can actually be
>> dropped?
>> It's being used by the screen locker at the moment and I'm feeling
>> unsure.
>
> uhm, wasn't libs/kdm already dropped?
> anyways, any idea how to do the password check in the lockscreen without
> it?
> will it use something coming from lightdm?

Hey,

Regarding checking the password, I'd love to point you to
https://github.com/MartinBriza/QAuth . I started this project a while ago
to provide proper PAM support for SDDM but keeping other usecases (direct
QML usage) in mind.

It's worth noting the current HEAD is broken (especially for Qt5) but at
least as a peek at the API and structure it's worth it.
Expressing your opinions loudly is encouraged. :)

Cheers,
Martin