Comic image link made with javascript

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Tue Mar 18 04:34:06 UTC 2014

I had been using a KDE Comic plugin for a few years when I noticed a
while back that it quit working. Looking at the site where the comic
comes from, http://www.babyblues.com/archive/ , I see they now no longer
get the comic image from a direct link to an image in the page html but
instead obtain it indirectly using what looks like a javascript link of
some sort. I don't know much about javascript so I don't know how to fix
the script to work with an image access link that looks sort of like
this (from show page source in firefox):

http://safr.kingfeatures.com/idn/babyblues/zone/js/index.php?cn=72&zn=132&fn=22&fd=20140316&wt=2&fs=0&null=0

The actual image file (a gif) is like this (from show image info in
firefox):

http://safr.kingfeatures.com/idn/zone/content.php?file=aHR0cDovL3NhZnIua2luZ2ZlYXR1cmVzLmNvbS9CYWJ5Qmx1ZXMvMjAxNC8wMy9CYWJ5X0JsdWVzLjIwMTQwMzE1Xzc2MC5naWY=&tok=9e9bf6b5a9cdab34e36d6078694f527d

But this gif can't be found directly on the web page like the comic
engine seem to require.

I am not even sure it is possible to make it work without changing the
internal KDE comic engine code. Does anyone here know if accessing a
comic strip in this indirect manner is possible?

I have several other strips that still work fine with the comic plasma
but they all have a direct link to the image file in the html of the
webpage.

Thanks,
-gene