(GSoC 2014) Plasma Media Center/Integrate with Plasma Next (with additional ideas)

Shantanu Tushar Jha shaan7in at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 17:22:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

It is of course not too late, you're welcome to join :) Please feel free to
submit a proposal and we can review it for you. If you want to get started
on some code on PMC, you can start fixing bugs[1] or already implement
small features that you wish.

Feel free to ask any specific questions that you have. Happy hacking!

Cheers,

[1] https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevancedesc&bug_status=__open__&product=plasma-mediacenter

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Алексей Андреев <
yetanotherandreyev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> My name is Alexey Andreyev,
> I want to take part at GSoC 2014, if it's not too late.
> So I want to select a project and write a proporsal and here's my drafts:
> About me: http://andreyev-kde-notes.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html (in
> short: first year graduate, very small Qt/QML experience).
> My plans for GSoC 2014 and future KDE contributing:
> http://andreyev-kde-notes.blogspot.com/p/i-want-to-take-part-in-gsoc-2014-to.html(in short: I have about 8 ideas, that really like and want to work for
> selected project for all summer)
> My thoughts about PMC:
> http://andreyev-kde-notes.blogspot.com/2014/03/plasma-media-centerintegrate-with.html(in short: I agree this feature gives advantages and also want to add add
> some additional features to PMC like better youtube support,
> visualizations, better tv series support).
> I use my blog as draft to write GSoC proposals. I guess it is a great
> start to contribute to and going to continue work with KDE even if I'm not
> ready for GSoC yet. Also I will be very happy if some of my ideas are ok
> and will be accepted by someone else, who could implement it better than me.
> I'm open to any remarks, advices and answers, thank you!
> Excuse me, if I made some mistakes or it's too late.

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com