Minutes Monday Plasma hangout

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Mar 3 14:20:03 UTC 2014

Ivan Cukic:
- Keyboard support for activity switcher.
- Some fixes/improvements to kactivities/imports (did anyone notice we are in
master now :) finally)

Questions:
 - The time to merge the switcher into plasma is approaching. I'm thinking
about the best way to do it. I don't really like the idea that the activity
switcher should be in the same box as the applet browser. (especially since
I'm planning some fancy things that would collide with the idea of being
boxed.

I have even thought of making it a separate executable so that people can
switch activities even when plasma crashes, but that would take much more
memory than if it was inside plasma-shell. Some parts of it need to be always
running, to be able to react to meta+tab properly.

Offtopic: are we going to market the .0 release as something 'for the
adventurous' and 'not for professional work' or similar?

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard