5.0 and 5.1 Release Plans

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 17:55:54 UTC 2014

On Monday 30 June 2014, Aleix Pol wrote:

> It's quite unfortunate the fact that we'll have a more schedule for the
> frameworks and then the workspaces won't be able to take advantage of
> those.
>
> I don't think it makes sense to decide to stop the development on a
> plasma-framework, because after-all plasma depends on many other frameworks
> just as well. It's random to choose Plasma just because it shares
> maintainership.
>
> Aleix
That's actually a good point..
another option would be having 2 months releases for what depends from
frameworks and put as dependency the second to last framework release, not the
bleeding edge.

in any case this idea as the 3 months makes abit more painful maintaining the
devel environment with kdesrc-build

--
Marco Martin