5.0 and 5.1 Release Plans

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 17:06:15 UTC 2014

On Monday 30 June 2014, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> At the Hangout meeting today it was decided to go with a three month
> release cycle and bug fix branch and to use this cycle for 5.0 and 5.1.
>
> I've updated the schedule http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5
>
> RC tagging and tars this Thursday
> 5.0 tagging next Thursday when I'll make 5.0 branches too
> Four week later is 5.0.1 from stable branch
> Four weeks later is 5.0.2 from stable branch
> A week after that and is 5.1 beta and freeze for features and messages
> Four weeks later is 5.1 release

not completely sure the bugfix branches would be used that much, I guess we
have to see how we can work with it

one thing that occurred to me after the hangout this morning, is that the
plasma-framework part that is a big part would have the one month schedule,
while the workspace parts would be 3 months, that sounds kinda weird.
but i guess we could say no features on every third release of plasma-
framework, so synchs with the workspace.

last thing, if the workspace has a slower cycle than all the frameworks, means
that it should always work with several frameworks releases at once, since we
wouldn't know what mix of version ends up in a distribution.

--
Marco Martin