Background for login, splash, and lockscreen

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 14:23:27 UTC 2014

On Saturday 21 June 2014, Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> Can't we just use QtGraphicalEffects and just blur (and/or desaturate
> and/or darken) whatever picture the user has chosen?
>
> The overall performance of these is great (at least on Android which is
> slow in any other QtQuick respect) but their instantiation takes ages, so
> might not be suitable for lockscreen which needs to start quickly or
> splash which shouldn't unnecessarily delay startup.

I think that's something that we want to try *eventually*
but so far, the status of the interaction of QtQuick and X11 drivers is so bad
that I wouldn't dare attempt this for now.

Maybe after few releases when everything has been debugged and hammered down
enough on drivers and qt side, we can give it a try ;)

--
Marco Martin