Background for login, splash, and lockscreen

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Sat Jun 21 14:18:10 UTC 2014

Can't we just use QtGraphicalEffects and just blur (and/or desaturate and/or darken) whatever picture the user has chosen?

The overall performance of these is great (at least on Android which is slow in any other QtQuick respect) but their instantiation takes ages, so might not be suitable for lockscreen which needs to start quickly or splash which shouldn't unnecessarily delay startup.

So, umm, while writing this I figured it's not that good of an idea as I initially thought :-)

Cheers,
Kai Uwe