Plasma 5 Beta 2 tars

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Jun 6 05:33:09 UTC 2014

On Thursday 05 June 2014 20:19:55 šumski wrote:
> On Thursday 05 of June 2014 16:47:59 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > Tars are up for Plasma 5 Beta 2, please try them out and let me know
> > of problems.  I'd especially like to know if translations successfully
> > install as I noticed some not doing so last time.
>
> Plasma-workspace doesn't build. It is adjusted for new Solid API, which is
> not in KF5 4.100.0. (error: 'const class Solid::Battery' has no member
> named 'isPresent')

can we revert that change in plasma-workspace for the release? I would not
want to go back further as plasma-workspace also has quite some changes which
would be good to be tested. E.g. the new lockscreen UI.

> I imagine similar issues with todays changes in kdeclarative and plasma-
> framework. Maybe it would be best to tag from yesterday evening?

no that should be fine. We had only changes in kdeclarative and plasma-
framework and they should not have propagated further down.

Cheers
Martin