Minutes Monday Plasma Hangout

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 15:26:57 UTC 2014

I mentioned in the meeting that I was poking around in the Intel
graphics driver with Aleix.

That's now in a Qt bug report here:

The short version of it is:

Qt defaults to a loading an OpenGL context with comparability for a
super super old version of OpenGL (from 2004). This compatibility
layer uses /lots/ of memory. QtQuick2.0 won't even work on something
that old (I think) so we may as well not request these old features.
This saves us up to 15Mb per QtQuick application.

I can set the surfaceFormats in PlasmaShell, but I'd rather get a
proper fix into Qt on the defaults where we have more knowledgeable
people than me making sure we don't break anything.

David