Assign plasmoid global shortcut to custom action

Simone Gaiarin simgunz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 17:03:14 UTC 2014

>From the documentation of Plasma Applet I've red that I need to run
addAssociatedWidget(someWidget) to make the actions work.

I've done this:

    //Initialize the plasmoid using an IconWidget
    m_button = new Plasma::IconWidget(this);
    m_button->setIcon(KIcon("redshift-status-off"));

    m_layout = new QGraphicsGridLayout(this);
    m_layout->setContentsMargins(0, 0, 0, 0);
    m_layout->addItem(m_button, 0, 0);

    m_widget = new QWidget();
    m_layout->addItem(m_widget->graphicsProxyWidget(), 1, 0);

    addAssociatedWidget(m_widget);

but still doesn't work.