Assign plasmoid global shortcut to custom action

Simone Gaiarin simgunz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 15:01:57 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I'm trying to use the global shortcut that the user can configure from the
"Shortcut configuration page" of a plasma applet, to trigger a KAction and
let the plasmoid do something.

I've done this

    //Setup the action
    m_toggleAction = new KAction("ToggleAction", this);
    //Add action to the plasmoid action collection
    addAction("ToggleAction", m_toggleAction);
    m_toggleAction->setGlobalShortcut(globalShortcut());
    connect(m_toggleAction, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), this, SLOT(toggle()));

but nothing happens when I trigger the shortcut. Do anyone know what I'm
missing?
Is there any plasmoid that is using the global shortcut feature?

Thanks