plasma5 and kde4 settings: what to synchronize

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 11:18:43 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> One thing that seems very requested, is to try to synchronize as much
> settings
> as possible between plasma5 (and kf5-based apps) with legacy kde4
> applications.
> Right now it's correctly handling some things when changing settings from
> plasma 5 systemsettings:
> * colors
> * fonts
> * icon theme

since the interest in this thread is staggering, I'm replying myself:
so, right now also icon effcets (kde4 icon cache should probably be removed
then, don't know how to access it from qt5) and other widgets settings are
synced, like text position in toolbars, icons in buttons etc.

the widget style is brutally applied to kde4. of course the problem may be
that said style doesn't exist for qt4, in that case kde4 applications will
fallback to oxygen.

Ideas and patched how to improve the whole thing, are welcome

--
Marco Martin