new systemsettings categorization landed

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Tue Jul 1 16:03:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Heiko Tietze <heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com>
wrote:

> Hi Vishesh & all,
>
> I agree that it makes more sense to place it with the desktop stuff. Maybe
> we had application = file in mind? The only argument against desktop
> behavior is that this topic gets somewhat bulky. And I'm not sure that
> users will associate all the modules including file search with the
> caption. For balancing we should consider to split the topic perhaps like
> this
>
> Application Features
> * Accessibility
> * File Search
> * Activities
>
> Desktop Behavior
> * Global Workspace Options
> * Desktop Effects
> * Screen Edges
> * Virtual Desktops
>
> What do you think?

I was thinking more along the lines of how it fits under both
"Applications" and "Desktop Behavior" and therefore maybe deserves a more
global category. Perhaps we should continue this conversation on the forums?

I prefer email, but I understand that these kind of "design" decisions are
made in the forums. I commented over there as well [1]

[1] http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=121053&p=314382#p314382

--
Vishesh Handa