Proposed fix for issue 330115

Shantanu Tushar Jha shaan7in at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 16:09:13 UTC 2014

did you try apt-get update few more times? If yes, It could be that files
above a size are blocked? Try downloading them manually and see if you get
an error or something, the URLs which failed for you are-

http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/saucy/universe/binary-amd64/Packages.gz
http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/saucy/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM, R.Harish Navnit <harishnavnit at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Shantanu Tushar Jha <shaan7in at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> The problem is here-
>>
>> W: Failed to fetch
>> gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/in.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_saucy_universe_binary-amd64_Packages
>> Hash Sum mismatch
>>
>> W: Failed to fetch
>> gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/in.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_saucy_main_binary-i386_Packages
>> Hash Sum mismatch
>>
>> Which basically means something went wrong when downloading these files.
>> Try sudo apt-get update few more times till this is fixed. If it still
>> doesnt go away, try a different network connection. Failure to download
>> these is causing the problems installing the packages.
>>
>> It could be because our college's internet service has a lot of
> restrictions . It does have a lot of sites blocked. But I don't know if
> packages would have been blocked . I always get such errors and we usually
> neglect them .
> Looks like I'll have to look for another network connection . This is
> getting really tedious now  :P
>
> Regards.
> R.Harish Navnit
> The Enigma <http://harishnavnit.wordpress.com>