Systemtray breakout notes

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 16:36:50 UTC 2014

On Friday 17 January 2014, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > This would require you to make some logic to decide which applets end
> > up in the popup and which don't. That logic will work for those that
> > agree to the same logic and would expect it to be that way anyway. But
> > it won't work for those that have slightly different expectations.
> >
> > Or that's my view on things..
>
> That's just fine. We can try making the default perfect and provide the
> best possible default experience. Users do not have to use the default,
> but they don't need to expect the same experience when moving away from
> the defaults.

ah, idea:
if the systay is a containment, is still an applet, so:
*when is a containment, would embed the plasmoids that it decides it wants (it
opens some nasty interaction issues tough, that should be discussed)
*when is an applet in a "normal" panel, it only has statusnotifiers, plasmoids
will have to be added to the panel as usual.

--
Marco Martin