Systemtray breakout notes

Jens Reuterberg jens at ohyran.se
Fri Jan 17 13:48:29 UTC 2014

> That's just fine. We can try making the default perfect and provide the
best
> possible default experience. Users do not have to use the default, but
they
> don't need to expect the same experience when moving away from the
> defaults.

I really think this can't be said enough - as long as there is a possibility
to edit and change a default into something else we shouldn't be scared
to try to improve it as best we can.

There simply isn't a one-size-fits all when it comes to usability and trying
to appease all is impossible. Making something great for as many as
possible is good and creating an easy route to change it for those for
whom it doesn't work should be the goal.