Notes from "New OSD in Plasma 2"

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Sat Jan 18 12:57:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

(I hope I have used KMail's Reply-To-All feature correctly)

> That actually brings another quesion - on which screen it should show up?
> I'd put it wherever mouse cursor currently is.
>
> Opinions?

I think it depends on what kind of OSD. For Keyboard layout and Volume it's
fine to show where the cursor is but for the brightness I think it should be
shown on the display that actually is affected (the internal one) - I'd say
people would know/expect pressing the screen brightness keys on a notebook
changes the notebook's screen and not the attached beamer, so the OSD should
be shown on the notebook screen.

Btw what about Keyboard brightness? I've just seen a mail from Martin
Klapetek(?) to Jens about keyboard *layout* and *screen* brightness - we need
a fancy monochrome icon for keyboard brightness, too, as the current generic
keyboard icon doesn't work very for this.

Cheers,
Kai Uwe