Notes from "Async and representation"

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 09:56:25 UTC 2014

On Saturday 18 January 2014, Mark Gaiser wrote:

> I guess my arguments for going with the "Plasmoid" name rather then
> "Applet" are just ignored then?
> Sebas did gave "some" (few lines) explanation before my bunch of
> arguments. Yet i still think "Plasmoid" would suit it better.

possibly, but right now wether calling it Applet, Plasmoid or Bob is kinda the
last of the problems.

personally i would prefer plasmoid as well, but if and only if the component
can be merged with AppletInterface, that is providing the "plasmoid" object at
the moment. otherwise wou have two "plasmoid" things that do two completely
different things.

what i'm interested at the moment is about a strategy to correctly switch
between representations, to correctly propagate size hints while keeping an
intuitive, as small as possible api.

bikeshedding about the name won't make it happen.
looking at, and experimenting with the code will :p

--
Marco Martin