Notes from "Async and representation"

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Jan 18 04:15:53 UTC 2014

On Saturday 18 January 2014 01:11:54 Mark Gaiser wrote:
> I guess my arguments for going with the "Plasmoid" name rather then
> "Applet" are just ignored then?

Mark, I doubt Marco meant any disrespect; discussing the name
just isn't really a priority while we're trying to work out the
semantics. Keep in mind "how do we name it" is a classic bike-
shed topic - it's easy to have an opinion on and so it's easy
for people to feel compelled to voice one. Given finite time
pushing out a test approach to play with has higher priority.

Cheers,
Eike